[Applications are closed]
„Empowering regions through volunteering – A step to a career” is an ESC volunteering project of Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego in cooperation with Powiatowy Zespol Nr 4 Szkol Ekonomiczno-Gastronomicznych w Oswiecimiu. They are looking for 1 volunteer from Georgia, aged 18-30 to take part in the volunteering project Technical College in Oświęcim city, Poland. Before applying for this EVS project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform, under the link: ESC and specify your European Solidarity Corps code! It is an obligation in order to apply for volunteering projects.
Coordinating Organization: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Receiving organization: Powiatowy Zespol Nr 4 Szkol Ekonomiczno-Gastronomicznych w Oswiecimiu
Duration: 10 months (307 days)
Activity dates: 28/08/2020 -30/06/2020
Location: Oświęcim, southern Poland (near Kraków and Katowice)
Placements: 2 volunteers
Activities: Cross-border education. Cross-border education. Cross-border education.
1. Improving and extending the linguistic skills of students. Linguistic preparation of young people for:
– foreign trips, for youth exchanges, training, guiding foreign groups around Lesser Poland,
– to work in international networks hotel
– developing language skills necessary for a travel agent, guide, tour guide, receptionist, concierge, etc.;(conversations, language tandems, role-playing)
2. Cultural activities:
– an introduction to the history, culture, and customs of countries the volunteers come from,
– culinary workshops;
– elements of cultural studies;
– organization of school events;
– support for fests and charity concerts organized in Oświecim;
– European days organized in the school
3. Activities in the field of preparation for entering the labor market:
– presentation of a typical visitor/tourist from a given country – simulations, generic scenes; presenting attractive forms of work, for example, a free time animator;
– preparation for foreign internships
– how to write a proper CV/cover letter; how to prepare for a job interview etc.
4. Leading the Euro clubs and the Volunteer Club.
– running workshops (on tolerance, interculturality, human rights, democracy, etc.);
– extra afterschool activities (language clubs, sports and dance activities, literary or artistic clubs);
– running an information point connected with the youth club where youngsters are going to discuss topics like attitude to European integration, socio-political situation in Europe; tolerance; education systems and opportunities for young people; young people problems etc.
5. Animation of the local community.
– a language club for seniors;
– language cafe;
– board games evenings;
– special events for local children and young people, for example: during winter breaks, cultural evenings,
6. Promotion of the Erasmus + Program: presentations, articles, blog etc.
7. Creating own initiatives, planning and organizing mini-projects / actions that can be implemented locally, based on the needs defined by the local community and the volunteer.
If interested, please fill an application form in English: Application form_Pz4SEG_new and send it with your CV to emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Title subject: „A step to a career”.